Product Name: Pregnyl
Active substance: Choriogonadotropin Alfa, Chorionic Gonadotropin
The active substance of Pregnyl is human chorionic gonadotropin, which is derived from the urine of pregnant women. Pregnyl stimulates the production of steroid hormones in the gonads due to the effect inherent in the human luteinizing hormone (LH). In females, the drug causes increased synthesis of progesterone and estrogen after ovulation, male patients Pregnyl stimulates the synthesis of testosterone. There was no appearance of antibodies against human chorionic gonadotropin when administered Pregnyl.
Maximum concentration of human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) in the blood plasma of women determined after 20 hours, male - 6 hours (after a single intramuscular injection). Significant differences in the pharmacokinetics of both men and women are due for the most part a considerable thickness of subcutaneous fat in women in the buttocks. After intramuscular injection of HCG in the blood is well absorbed. The half-life is 33 hours Pregnyl. Approximately 80% of the drug in the renal tissue is destroyed. Elimination - in the urine.
• reduced reproductive capacity,
• hypogonadotropic hypogonadism,
• a delay in sexual development in boys related to the lack of gonadotrophic function of the pituitary cells,
• cryptorchidism (other than due to anatomical occlusion).
• programs ART (assisted reproductive technologies) for the preparation of follicle puncture for appointment to controlled ovarian hyperstimulation,
• induction of ovulation infertility associated with the violation of the follicle or anovulation,
• support the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle (including at the time of controlled ovarian hyperstimulation in assisted reproductive technologies) in combination with analogues of gonadotropin-releasing hormone or other drugs to stimulate ovulation in female infertility due to anovulation caused by deficient activity of endogenous estrogens (WHO classification - ovarian failure in group I).
Contraindications and Cautions:
• suspected or established cell carcinoma of the breast in women, prostate carcinoma,
• untreated endocrine disease (adrenal insufficiency, hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia),
• female infertility associated with obstruction of the fallopian tubes,
• cancer of the ovary,
• allergic reactions to gonadotropic hormones or any of the components Pregnyl
Pregnyl not contraindicated in pregnancy, is assigned to support the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle. However, it is not recommended to administer the drug to nursing mothers.
• ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome,
• unwanted overstimulation of the ovaries.
Symptoms of mild ovarian hyperstimulation: nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, chest pain, slight or moderate increase in the size of the ovaries or the appearance of ovarian cysts. Symptoms of severe ovarian hyperstimulation: the development of large ovarian cysts (which have a tendency to rupture), weight gain, the appearance of ascites, the development of thromboembolic complications, and hydrothorax.
Men: sodium and fluid retention in the body due to increased formation of androgens, proliferative changes in the prostate tissue, gynecomastia, erection and increase the size of the penis by increasing the concentration of testosterone in the blood, hypersensitivity nipple, a slight increase in testicle in the inguinal canals, personality changes, characteristic of the first phase of puberty.
For men and women: possible violations at the injection site due to the biological origin of Pregnyl (pain, redness, bruising, itching, swelling). It is also possible hypersensitivity reactions (fever, rash).
Before the introduction of the freeze-dried active substance, Pregnyl add the supplied diluent. Administered intramuscularly slowly. The resulting solution must not be stored as further maintain sterility of the solution is not guaranteed. These doses are approximate, treatment should be adjusted by the doctor individually, depending on the necessary response to the introduction of Pregnyl.
Preparing to follicle puncture or ovulation induction: once Pregnyl administered at a dosage of 000 IU 3000-10.
Support the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle: 1000-3000 IU Dosage 1 time per day. Total injection assigned 2-3: 1 each time in 9 days after the embryo or spiking after ovulation (for example, after stimulation of ovulation to 3, 6 and 9 days).
For male infertility due to violations of the process of spermatogenesis is prescribed in combination with follicle-stimulating hormone, 1 time per day or 2-3 times a week for at least 3 months prior to the increase of qualitative and quantitative indicators of semen. Can be used as monotherapy. The drug is given by 1000-2000 IU. During insertion Pregnyl must temporarily stop testosterone substitution treatment, if any is held.
Delayed puberty in boys - Pregnyl prescribe a dose of 1500 IU of treatment - not less than 6 months. The drug is administered 2-3 times a week.
Cryptorchidism: for children up to 2 years is prescribed at a dose of 250 IU 2 times 7 days a course of at least 6 months, with 2 to 6 years - 2 times in 7 days 500-1000 IU for 6 months for children over 6 years - 2 every 7 days during 6 months of 1500 IU. In case of insufficient effect of the treatment can be repeated.
Since the interaction of the drug Pregnyl with other drugs has not been studied, such an interaction can not be excluded.
During treatment with Pregnyl and within 10 days after cessation of treatment, it can have an effect on the value of immunological tests on the content of HCG in serum / urine, which can cause false positive pregnancy test result.
Pregnyl be stored in the refrigerator in dark conditions at a temperature 2-15 ° C for up to 3 years. When transporting the observance of the specified temperature conditions.